Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Schröck "I'm proud to be an Azkals"

by Azkals Philippines Football on Wednesday, 04 May 2011 at 16:56


Stephan Schroeck experienced with Greuther Fürth an eventful season - after a peferct first half of season and the appointment to the Philippine national team came the setback from his knee injury. Azkals.DE talks with the 25-year-old defender about Azkals, objectives and new flash issues.

Azkals.de : Hi Stephan,  your high profil of the Philippine national team and should actually accrue during the AFC Challenge Cup. Because of your injury you had to postpone the debut in the national team. How does the healing process and when can Azkals expect to use from you?

Stephan: Yes, unfortunately I had to move the knee surgery, my debut. It would be very important to the Philippines was already in the AFC Challenge Cup to represent. The healing process is well and I hope I can my best shape in June, and the team join.

Azkals.de: There are more Filipinos in the semi-professional football in Europe, are you in touch with other pinoy? Did you ask them to play for Azkals?

Stephan: I have contact to some professional players. Fortunately, it is not necessary to persuade a Halbphilippino that he plays the Azkals. Because we all would like to represent the country!

Azkals.de:  As a former German youth national team player and did you receive at your residence, what are your first impression of the Philippine football. The PFF made an important step towards to professional with coach Michael Weiss. Daniel Peters still have an important adviser obtained for the youth. Also Alois Schunk and Paul Weiler help to performance the Philippines. They bring Dennis or Jerry in the team. In the long term, the Philippines could become a big step to the Big 3 in Asian. How do you see the current development and its commitment? Are you happy with Mr. Weiss together elaborate?

Stephan: Fans are incredibly upbeat and expected great things from the Azkals, but you have to further develop carefully and with great sensitivity.By Michael Weiss is committed to the ideal trainee for the next few years, has accumulated much experience in Asian. As a German football coach, he has clear ideas how he wants the team and evolve. With the help of Daniel Peters, Alfons Schunk and Paul Weiler of the PFF has three key people from Germany.However, we must not assume that it is a sure-with European players, we need the fans and the hype, so get to know the children and youth football and life. But I think because of football training and experience has the national team a stable framework for the task!

Azkals.de : In the Philippines, the football still harbors a shadow behind the team sport of basketball, why did you not become a basketball player, and how did you get into football?

Stephan (laughing): I am a little surprised that the national sport in the Philippines is basketball, because all Pinoys are not grown very big hint.But I am sure will be slow to the right place with the Azkals, the football hype in the Philippines hard.Ever since I can I chase the ball behind her, even though my father was a boxer and I also often with him in training, I always wanted to kick and luckily it has remained too ... We have the Pac MAN.

Azkals.de : How do you prepare for a game with 60,000 fans in the stadium?

Stephan (thoughtfully):I am very motivated to try and give my best. The atmosphere is indescribable and atomic sphere, the cheering and firing at you, while others would prefer to destroy you. In short, a game with 60 000 spectators is the best thing that can happen in football.Now we come to our important issues of our fans.

Azkals.de :Have you a girlfriend?

Stephan: Yes, I will marry my long-time girlfriend in May this year and then fly directly to the Philippines to prepare myself there with the best team qualified for the World Cup against Sri Lanka can.

Azkals.de :What can't you suffering?

Stephan: Banana ;-)

Azkals.de : What kind of music do you prefer?

Hip Hop & R'n'B

Azkals.de : What are your hobbies?

Stephan: I made my hobby into a business, .. but I like to spend time with my pug Pasha, it is always good for a surprise.

Azkals.de : Use which celebrity would you like to eat?Stephan: With Manny Pacquiao, he is a folk hero in the Philippines. I am fascinated by its history and the fight spectacular.Azkals.de Use whom you would like to talk in the sauna?

Stephan (laughing): would have against a sauna infusion with Eva Longoria from desperate housewives I no objection Wink

Thank you Stephan, we wish you a speedy recovery and good luck for the qualifiers against Sri Lanka.

No comments:

Post a Comment