Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Police receives complaint over Chelsea captain John Terry's alleged racist abuse towards QPR's Anton Ferdinand

The Metropolitan Police have confirmed they have received a complaint from a member of the public over alleged racist abuse by Chelsea and England captain John Terry.

Officers are now assessing the situation relating to allegations Terry racially abused Anton Ferdinand in the Premier League match between QPR and Chelsea at Loftus Road on Sunday.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: “We can confirm police have been notified of an incident on Sunday, October 23 involving alleged racial abuse. This is currently being assessed by officers from Hammersmith and Fulham.”

It comes amid reports that Ferdinand is giving serious consideration to making a formal complaint against Terry. Ferdinand, brother of England vice-captain Rio, will meet with QPR manager Neil Warnock and an advisor at the club's Harlington training ground on Tuesday lunchtime before making a decision.

Terry, who categorically denies the claims and has the full backing of Chelsea, has vowed to clear his name, telling the Daily Mail, “I will do whatever it takes to clear my name and I don’t have anything to hide. I’m not taking that level of abuse.

“Anton and I spoke for 10 minutes in the dressing room after the game and there is no issue between us. It’s finished.”

The complaint to the police revolves around an incident late in QPR's 1-0 victory over their west London rivals. Videos circulated on the internet on Sunday night which showed Terry appearing to mouth the words “you f****** black c***” towards Ferdinand.

Terry does not deny using the words, but he insists they were taken out of context as part of a longer sentence because he thought Ferdinand had accused him of making a racist remark.

Terry, 30, put out a statement on Sunday stating he had spoken to Ferdinand after the match and “there was no problem” between the pair. However, Ferdinand is yet to make a public response to Terry's version of events.

In his statement, Terry said, "I am disappointed that people have leaped to the wrong conclusions about the context of what I was seen to be saying to Anton Ferdinand. I thought Anton was accusing me of using a racist slur against him. I responded aggressively, saying that I never used that term."

“I would never say such a thing, and I am saddened that people would think so. I have known Anton for a long time and spoke to him about it after the game and there was no problem between us.

"I congratulated him on their win. He has not accused me of any wrongful remark."

Terry pointed to the fact he is the leader of a team that is very diverse.

"It was clear it was all a misunderstanding at the time. After the result, I am saddened to be dealing with these wrongful allegations. I am the proud captain of one of the most internationally diverse teams in the Premier League and I absolutely believe that there is no place for racism in sport and indeed in any walk of life." Source

1 comment:

  1. As stated by Stanford Medical, It's really the ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years longer and weigh on average 19 kilos lighter than we do.

    (And really, it has totally NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret diet and absolutely EVERYTHING about "how" they are eating.)

    P.S, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

    Tap on this link to see if this quick quiz can help you release your true weight loss possibilities

    ReplyDelete